Ms O. (Or) Brook
Faculty of Law
Oudemanhuispoort 4-6 Amsterdam
1012 CN Amsterdam
Or Brook is a Ph.D. researcher at the Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance (ACELG). Her research, carried out under the supervision of prof. dr. Rein Wesseling and dr. Katalin Cseres, focuses on developing a European toolkit for balancing competition and non-competition interests.
Or holds a bachelor degree in Economics and Law (2010) from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and an LL.M in International and European Law: European Competition Law and Regulation (2014) from the University of Amsterdam.
Before joining ACELG, Or worked as a commercial litigation attorney, specializing in business and corporate governance litigation.
- Brook, O. (Author). (2014). Ten Years of Decentralized EU Competition Law Enforcement - Success or Failure?. BlogActiv. [details]
- Brook, Or (visiting researcher) (11-2016): Tilburg Law and Economic Centre (TILEC) (visiting an external academic institution).
Keynote / Invited lecture
- Brook, Or (speaker) (10-3-2017): THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ARTICLE 101(3) IN THE REALM OF REGULATION 1/2003, Public Interest Considerations in Competition Law, Budapest.
- Brook, Or (speaker) (15-3-2017): The political role of BERs in balancing competition and non-competition interests: An Empirical Coding, Annual Conference MaCCI - Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation.
- Brook, Or (speaker) (24-3-2017): Priority setting as a double-edged sword: how modernization increased the role of non-competition interests in Article 101 TFEU, The ICC Marion Simmons QC International PhD Conference 2017.
- Brook, Or (speaker) (11-2016): Non competition interests in Article 101 TFEU - empirical coding, Tilburg Law and Economic Centre (TILEC) .
- Brook, Or (speaker) (2-7-2016): Mapping the role of innovation in Article 101 TFEU: an empirical coding, 11th Ascola Conference Leiden, Leiden, Netherlands.
- Brook, Or (speaker) (24-5-2016): Mapping the Role of Innovation in Article 101 TFEU: an Empirical Coding, 10th Competition Law and Economics European Network (CLEEN) Workshop, Bonn, Germany.
- Brook, Or (speaker) (7-10-2016): commentator on 'The Moral Hazard Effect of Liquidated Damages: An Experiment on Contract Remedies'by B. Depoorter, L. Freund & S. Hoeppner, Workshop on Empirical Legal Studies, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- No ancillary activities