After Brexit: The EU at 27
After the Brexit vote, new plans for the future of the EU at 27 are in the making. At this event, the lecturers & researchers of European Law@UvA discuss the consequences of Brexit for the EU at 27 and the future directions of the EU.
- Have you just started your Master of European Union Law or EU Competition Law and Regulation and would you like to see your (future) lecturers in action as researchers?
- Are you considering a Master in European law and would you like to get an idea how an issue such as Brexit is looked at from a research point of view?
- Are you an employee or student at the Faculty and interested in learning where we stand now with Brexit?
Then join us for this debate on the complex potential consequences of a UK exit from the EU
Grand visions or careful revising? The Brexit vote in the UK has been an important event in EU history. It triggered a new period of reflection and raises fundamental questions of the direction in which we should be going. EU officials and Member State politicians take turns to comment on what the right way forward should be. At this event we will discuss the future directions of the EU and the consequences of Brexit for the EU at 27 in specific areas such as international trade, the internal market, free movement of labour, and the common foreign and security policy.
Programme & speakers
- Taking stock – an overview
Steven Blockmans, Professor of EU External Relations Law, UvA, and Head of the EU Foreign Policy Unit of the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS)
- Everybody will want to trade with us!?
Pieter Jan Kuijper, Professor em. of the Law of International (Economic) Organizations, UvA
- Closed borders for workers?
Annette Schrauwen, Professor of European Integration, in particular citizenship law and history
- The way(s) forward
Christina Eckes, Professor of European Law, UvA, and Director of ACELG
- Q & A
Attendance and registration
Help us organizing this event by letting us know that you will come.
Oudemanhuispoort 4-6 | 1012 CN AmsterdamGo to detailpage
+31 (0)20 525 3361