Brexit: How to Avoid the Wars of the Roses
What does Brexit mean for the EU and its remaining Member States? A week after the UK referendum, ARILS & ACELG organize a debate on the (legal) consequences of Brexit.
- What does Brexit mean for the EU and its remaining Member States? What will the UK’s relationship with the EU look like?
- What will Brexit mean for the UK’s and the EU’s external relations? How will it affect their position in the world?
- What will be the internal effects for the EU? Do we need an amendment of the European Treaties?
Christina Eckes and Pieter Jan Kuijper will address these and other questions in a special event discussing the (legal) consequences of Brexit.
The event will be chaired by André Nollkaemper.
- Law students (Bachelor's and Master's)
- Academic and support staff of the Faculty of Law
Christina Eckes is associate professor of EU law and adjunct director of the Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance (ACELG). Her research interests are in particular institutional and constitutional aspects of EU law, including EU external relations.
Pieter Jan Kuijper is professor in law at the University of Amsterdam. Prior to his appointment at the UvA, he was principal Legal Advisor and Director of the 'External Relations and International Trade' team of the Legal Service of the European Commission (2002-2007) and Director of the Legal Affairs Division of the Secretariat of the World Trade Organization (1999-2002).
F2.01C, Faculty of Law
Oudemanhuispoort 4-6 | 1012 CN AmsterdamGo to detailpage
+31 (0)20 525 3361